The National Fishing Lure Collectors Club (NFLCC) is a non-profit, educational, international organization founded in 1976. The primary objectives of the NFLCC are to foster an awareness of fishing tackle collecting as a hobby and to assist members in the location, identification, and trading of vintage fishing-related equipment.
This bulletin board is provided as a public forum for announcements, messages, questions, chat or almost anything else you can think of related to antique fishing tackle. Inappropriate messages will be deleted. First and Last Name is required from all posters, and we recommend that you put your e-mail address in the message area so that people may contact you.
Note: To add a link to your message, follow this example:
<a href=http://www.google.com>Go to Google</a>
Also please note that photos need to be smaller than 2MB and less than 1,200 pixels in width.
|Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Harold E. Smith - Dec 14th, 2016 11:36 am.|
Harold E. Smith
The Garrett Historical Society, after months of work, has received permission from the state of Indiana to place a State Historical Marker at the site of the old Creek Chub building. The cost of the sign is $2500 and must be raised by the society. To aid this effort we are having a Creek Chub Benefit Auction at the NFLCC Pigeon Forge show, the first week of January (5-7).
We have already had two great donations.
1. Judy Ruoff, daughter of Sody Schulthess (CCB president 1957-1962) and grand daughter of George Schulthess (one of the founders) has donated a special color Crawdad from her grandfathers tackle box with a letter authenticating the lure.
2. The second lure, donated by NFLCC member Ron Matthews, came from the table box of Leroy Schulthess, son of George Schulthess and president of Creek Chub from 1963-1978. This lure was a salmon egg imitation prototype developed for Great Lakes salmon. Only three are known to exist. (The other two are red and green)
You can help in one of several ways.
1. Come to Pigeon Forge and bid
2. Donate a lure for the auction (Bring it to the show or send it to me)
3. Donate to the cause by sending me a check made out to the Garrett Historical society
Checks and lures can be sent to me at :
Harold E. Smith MD
2277 Stewarts Ferry Pike
Hermitage, TN 37076
re: Creek Chub Historical Marker Benefit Auction by Les Ozimkowski - Dec 16th, 2016 3:27 pm
Great idea for a very worthy cause. Will see you there Harold and will contribute to the auction.